The Me first masterclass breaks down the various ways of approaching conversations with children and young people based on the Me first child-centred communication model. You’ll have the chance to try out the steps through practical role plays and discussions to help embed these techniques in your clinical practice.
Aims and objects
By attending Me first communication training you will:
- Better understand the barriers and challenges to communicating with children and young people.
- Have more confidence when tackling tough conversations with children and young people, their parents and colleagues.
- Be equipped with the Me first communication model to guide and encourage shared decision-making.
- Develop a child-centred approach to communication so that CYP are fully involved in negotiations about their care.
- Connect with other health and care professionals who encounter similar challenges and experiences.
The masterclass is beneficial for all health and care professionals who work with children and young people clinically. The course is multi-professional and benefits from the diversity of roles and backgrounds that participants have. The masterclass is co-delivered with young people.
Early cancellation allows us to offer the space to people on the waiting list. Please do let us know well in advance if you cannot attend.
If external delegates cancel in writing up to and including 28 days prior to the masterclass date you will be able to obtain a full refund.
We are looking forward to seeing you soon.