Calling all Healthcare Scientists!
Join us on the 5th October for a meeting to discuss education within Healthcare Science:
What is the role of innovation in education? How to maximise the impact of the opportunities ahead of us
This meeting will showcase current work and facilitate discussions about teaching across boundaries in education. It is aimed at Healthcare Scientists of all levels and from all disciplines, but would be especially useful for Lead Healthcare Scientists, managers, and those with an education input within their organisation. We also welcome non-Healthcare Scientists who are involved with the profession as part of their organisational role, such as Chief Executives, Medical Directors, Directors of Education, and Chief Nurses.
The day will support networking for both trainers and trainees and will consist of a mixture of lectures and workshop sessions that aim to increase attendees knowledge of:
- National Healthcare Scientist educational strategy
- Education theory
- Options for delivering education locally
Registration will be from 9:00 - 9:30 and the day is due to close at 17:00
- Vivienne Parry OBE (Science Writer and Broadcaster)
- Dr Rowan Myron (Imperial College London)
- Dr Kerrie Davies (Leeds University)
- Dr Jane Freeman (Leeds University)
- The BAME Scientist Trainee Network (Multiple Trusts)
- Tom Warrender (Medical Mavericks)
- Prof Berne Ferry (National School of Healthcare Science)
- Dr Lisa Ayers (National School of Healthcare Science)
- Nicola Baldwin (Playwright and Screenwriter)Each attendee will have the opportunity to attend 2 workshops from 5 that are availableWorkshops include:- Innovation in Outreach (Victoria Heath, Great Ormond Street Hospital NHS Foundation Trust and James Harkin, QI)
- Influencing Upwards (Cherie Beckett, Princess Alexandra Hospital NHS Trust and Hayley Pincott, Cardiff and Vale University Health Board)
- Maintaining your education during a pandemic (The London Healthcare Science Trainee Network)
- Evaluation of Digital Education (Ian Davies, Staffordshire University and Elaine Jenkins, Academy for Healthcare Science)
- Top tips for delivering educational activities online (Justin Poisson, Great Ormond Street Hospital)
This conference is being delivered in a social distance manner in line with Government guidelines. Please note that in the event of re-introduced COVID-19 restrictions this conference will be delivered digitally and registrations will be rolled to 2021.
Please note that due to venue charges we have had to charge for this conference. However we would not want anyone to be unable to attend due to cost restrictions and so we do have a limited number of bursaries available. If you would like to apply for a bursary, please email either Elaine.firstname.lastname@example.org for an application form.
This year, the one day conference is being delivered jointly by NECL Healthcare Scientists