29th/30th January & 5th/6th February 2024 (9.30am-1.00pm GMT)
This course is aimed at Speech & Language Therapists who work with voice disordered children and young people in a community, educational or hospital setting. SLT voice specialists may also find it relevant to their work. Whilst we highlight less common aetiologies, the main focus will be the assessment and management of common childhood voice disorders e.g. vocal fold nodules/muscle tension dysphonia in a framework of evidence-based practice.
This Foundation Course will be structured around presentations and interactive workshops delivered virtually via 4 modules. Participants will be strongly encouraged to attend all 4 modules and to share their experiences and ideas. The course will focus on ‘Reaching a Working Diagnosis’, and ‘Devising and Delivering Treatment Programmes’ through presentations, experiential learning and small group work.
The 4 modules will cover a range of topics including:
- Common aetiologies and their management
- The impact of growth and development
- ENT and SLT assessment procedures & when to refer
- Behaviour Change COM-B model for planning and delivering treatment
- An overview of direct and indirect therapy approaches and techniques used with children
- Setting up voice services for CYP
We invite you to attend all 4 modules. There is no option to select only specific dates.
Places limited to 30 delegates - book early to avoid disappointment.