Wednesday 4-Thursday 5 October, 9:00-17:00 BST
Wellcome Collection, London and online
Course Directors: Dr Joe Brierley, Great Ormond Street Hospital and Dr Roelie Wösten-Van Asperen, Wilhelmina Children's Hospital
The second European Paediatric Oncology Critical Care (EPOCC) will be our first hybrid meeting. It will take this fast-developing specialist field and explore the latest in organ support during periods of critical illness for children with the complications of Haemato-Oncological Disease and its treatment - including new therapies, stem cell transplant and surgery.
- See how Paediatric Intensive Care (PIC) & Haematology/Oncology teams can work together to ensure children and their families receive optimal care during periods of critical illness
- Learn about the ideal organ support for children with Haemato-Oncological Disease
- Consider methods of decision-making with children and families facing tough situations, including use of compassionate unproven treatments.
- What new medical and surgical approaches to cancer might impact on critical care e.g. What are the latest and future immunotherapeutic approaches?
Who should attend?
Doctors, surgeons, nurses and Allied Health Professionals (AHPs) working in Paediatric Oncology and PIC.
The event programme will be added shortly.
Please note that face-to-face (F2F) registration will close on Monday 25 September 2023, 17:00 BST. Virtual tickets will remain on sale until Wednesday 4 October 2023, 7:00 BST. F2F tickets include refreshments and lunch.
RCPCH CPD approval is being applied for. Where approved, the basic unit of CPD activity is 1 hour of learning equals 1 CPD credit. Please note that CPD accreditation is not confirmed; details about accreditation will be updated as soon as possible.
Please note that this event will be recorded (subject to speakers’ consent), with the recording shared with delegates for a short period (up to three months) post-event.
Call for abstracts:
You are invited to submit a structured/unstructured abstract < 300 words on any Paediatric Oncology/Paediatric Critical Care themes.
Please refer to the attached Abstract Guidelines and Rules document before submitting your abstract. Abstracts will be reviewed by the organisers, and the top 3 submissions will be invited to give an oral presentation as part of the day’s agenda, others will be accepted for a digital poster presentation.
- 31 July 2023, 5pm BST: Abstract deadline
- w/c 21 August 2023: Entrants will be notified whether their abstracts have been accepted for an oral presentation or digital poster presentation
- 20 September 2023, 5pm BST: Digital posters and oral presentation slides to be sent to the GLA Events Team by this deadline
- Thursday 5 October 2023: Digital poster presentations and oral presentations will take place at EPOCC
CLICK HERE to submit an abstract