Paediatric Critical Care - Cardiac will take place on the following dates: 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th and 10th June 2022. All dates must be attended.
6th and 9th June - Face to Face
These modules are relevant for GRID, SPIN and all multi-professional colleagues with an interest or career aspirations in critical care.
These 5 day modules are taught at MSc level and form part of the UCL / GOSH MSc Advanced Paediatrics Programme. External candidates are invited to apply to study separate modules alongside the MSc students.
Content is matched to UK and global PICM curricula, aiming to provide much of the knowledge and understanding required to undertake the EPIC DIPLOMA (European Paediatric/Neonatal Intensive Care; ESPNIC – European Society of Paediatric and Neonatal Intensive Care).
Cardiac Paediatric Intensive Care Module:
Module Director: Dr Veena Rajagopal (Great Ormond Street Hospital)
The cardiac critical care module is additionally suitable for candidates working in or with an interest in paediatric cardiology.
• Cardiac physiology and pathophysiology
• Congenital cardiac lesions, including postnatal presentation and early management.
• Single ventricle day (anatomy of lesions, surgical palliation & peri-operative care)
• Introduction to the concepts and practice of cardiopulmonary bypass and paediatric cardiac anaesthesia
• Paediatric arrhythmias – recognition and treatment.
• Pulmonary hypertension and management
• Paediatric heart failure (medical and surgical treatment strategies)