The Me first masterclass breaks down the various ways of approaching conversations with children and young people based on the Me first child-centred communication model. You’ll have the chance to try out the steps through practical role plays and discussions to help embed these techniques in your clinical practice.
Aims and objects
By attending Me first communication training you will:
- Better understand the barriers and challenges to communicating with children and young people.
- Have more confidence when tackling tough conversations with children and young people, their parents and colleagues.
- Be equipped with the Me first communication model to guide and encourage shared decision-making.
- Develop a child-centred approach to communication so that CYP are fully involved in negotiations about their care.
- Connect with other health and care professionals who encounter similar challenges and experiences.
The masterclass is beneficial for all health and care professionals who work with children and young people clinically. The course is multi-professional and benefits from the diversity of roles and backgrounds that participants have. The masterclass is co-delivered with young people.
PLEASE TAKE NOTE: To attend the Mefirst Masterclass you must have completed the MeFirst Fundamentals first. All the Mefirst fundamentals training dates are available on the website.