This course is for all nurses working within paediatric and adolescent haematology/oncology who not have a degree or advanced level oncology qualification.
What you will learn
- An understanding of the nursing care needs of patients with haematology/oncology conditions
- A basic knowledge of haematological disorders and solid tumours
The nurses role and management of:
- Febrile neutropenia
- Blood products
- Nausea and Vomiting
- Tumour Lysis
- Supportive Care
- Symptom Management/Palliative care
- Support for children, young people and their families
Basic Knowledge of the different treatment modalities and their side effects:
- Stem Cell/Bone Marrow Transplant
To complete this course you will be expected to attend both days and to complete a competency document in practice.
Please note this booking is for both days of the course:
Day 1 - 23rd August 2021 (Location TBC)
Day 2 - 25th August 2021 (Location TBC)
In line with the current guidelines relating to the Covid-19 pandemic, we are unsure at present if these days will be via zoom or face to face. We will review closer to the dates in line with government guidelines and keep attendees informed. Please be prepared to travel to GOSH if guidelines allow.