Paediatric Critical Care - Transport will take place on the following dates: 21st, 22nd, 23rd, 24th and 25th June 2021. All dates must be attended.
These modules are relevant for GRID, SPIN and all multi-professional colleagues with an interest or career aspirations in critical care.
These 5 day modules are taught at MSc level and form part of the UCL / GOSH MSc Advanced Paediatrics Programme. External candidates are invited to apply to study separate modules alongside the MSc students.
Content is matched to UK and global PICM curricula, aiming to provide much of the knowledge and understanding required to undertake the EPIC DIPLOMA (European Paediatric/Neonatal Intensive Care; ESPNIC – European Society of Paediatric and Neonatal Intensive Care).
Transport – Paediatric Intensive Care Module:
Module Director: Dr Linda Chigaru (Great Ormond Street Hospital)
The highly practical transport module is designed will be relevant to general paediatricians, paediatric critical care specialists, anaesthetists and allied health professionals with an interest in assessment, resuscitation, stabilisation and transport of the critically ill child.
- Development of a functional multi-disciplinary team.
- Assessment of the critically ill child.
- Resuscitation and stabilisation of all common paediatric emergencies with hands-on experience.
- Practical aspects of critical care transport and transport triage.
- Introduction to transport crew resource management.
- Framework for debriefing clinical events.
- Principles behind governance and safety, quality, benchmarking and service improvement when out in the field.
- Introduction to aeronautical transport principles