Paediatric Critical Care - Cardiac will take place on the following dates: 7th, 8th, 9th, 10th and 11th June 2021. All dates must be attended.
These modules are relevant for GRID, SPIN and all multi-professional colleagues with an interest or career aspirations in critical care.
These 5 day modules are taught at MSc level and form part of the UCL / GOSH MSc Advanced Paediatrics Programme. External candidates are invited to apply to study separate modules alongside the MSc students.
Content is matched to UK and global PICM curricula, aiming to provide much of the knowledge and understanding required to undertake the EPIC DIPLOMA (European Paediatric/Neonatal Intensive Care; ESPNIC – European Society of Paediatric and Neonatal Intensive Care).
Cardiac Paediatric Intensive Care Module:
Module Director: Dr Veena Rajagopal (Great Ormond Street Hospital)
The cardiac critical care module is additionally suitable for candidates working in or with an interest in paediatric cardiology.
- Basis of cardiac disease in children as an introduction to paediatric cardiology and cardiac intensive care to include
embryology and physiology.
- Paediatric heart failure management.
- Congenital cardiac lesions, including the postnatal presentation and early management relevant to the general practitioner.
- Specific lesions to be covered will include left heart obstruction, mixing lesions, left to right shunt, right heart obstruction and patent ductus.
- Introduction to the concepts and practice of cardiopulmonary bypass.
- Arrhythmia management
- Ethics and future directions of cardiac intensive care medicine